Friday

Week 16

It has been a fairly uneventful week, drama wise! I suppose that is good. I start to think I can feel the baby kick! That is pretty exciting. I have had three major jabs in the mid-abdomen, and lots of fluttery, twitchy feelings in the lower abdomen. It starts to feel real to me now. 
16 Weeks


Now, check out that picture. 16 weeks?! I look more like 30, if you ask me. I reconcile this by saying it's my third baby. Kelvin reconciles it by saying it's fat. Thanks buddy. (He's kidding, by the way).

I was having those bad dreams I mentioned in earlier posts. I ended up going to see The Boss for an unscheduled appointment because I was getting scared. We also had some bad news from a friend that their baby had a life threatening condition and they had no option but to interrupt the pregnancy. This news was devastating to hear, and while my heart went out to this couple, the psychological effects of the news played on my mind in regards to my own baby too.
My official morphology scan is in three weeks time, so I will get all the information then, but when The Boss does his little scan on his low resolution machine, everything seems fine. I ask him if he can see anything "pecker like"...but no luck. The baby has it's legs open and The Boss is looking hard, but there is nothing there, formed enough, to see at this stage. He cant even give me a guess, or a gut feeling. It just looks like a Barbie doll...smooth...

Being able to see Jack's pecker at 12 weeks, I begin to think the baby is a girl? Surely, by the formula, if we knew Jack was a boy at 12 weeks, surely we should be able to see if this baby is a boy at 16 weeks? Since there is no discernable penis to be seen, I am changing over to the girl camp. Once we know for certain, I will definitely post it...no surprises here! And I will post our most beautiful girl's name we have chosen too...(if it IS a girl, of course!)
Truthfully, the only reason I want to know the sex is curiosity and impatience. I will happily take either a boy or a girl, it doesnt faze me in the slightest. All I ask for is that he or she is breathing.

1 comment:

  1. 16 weeks indeed! At least you look happy and healthy and Jack must be loving the big bumpy belly :)

    ReplyDelete