Sunday

Week 25

Kelvin got to feel the baby kick this week. I remember when I was pregnant with Sybella and as time went on, I became more and more concerned that her movements werent ever strong enough to Kelvin to feel, probably until the 30 week mark. Even then, her movements were never the soccer kicking boots that Jack used to give me, or that Rainbow Baby gives me now. They were more gentle rolls and "bubbly" twitches. Whats more, is that Sybella's movements never progressed or got much stronger as time went on. Her last ever movement was about as strong as her first ever movement.
The fact that Kelvin was able to feel Rainbow Baby very strongly at 25 weeks was very comforting. As the week progressed, the movements became more regular and predictable. I know when Rainbow Baby sleeps and I know when he/she is due to wake up. I begin to see my stomach move, jiggle and jump as Rainbow Baby rolls around and dances and beats me up from the inside. EVERY movement is one that I am grateful for. EVERY movement is a wonder and I never tire of feeling them. Considering this is most likely my last pregnancy (I just dont think I have the strength or emotional resources to go through this ever again), it makes each kick more special. It is probably the only thing I like about pregnancy right now...the kicking. Everything else about pregnancy is in the "countdown" category.
My life has begun to revolve around Rainbow Baby's movements. I am CONSTANTLY checking, feeling, stopping. If it is longer than half an hour, I drink cold water, eat a handful of lollies and lie down to do a kick count...even though The Boss says that kick counting is not really reliable until 28 weeks. Most of the time, Rainbow Baby concedes defeat, is obedient and gives me a boot. And I love him/her for it.
I waver between thinking the baby is a boy and the baby is a girl. In all honesty, the fact that The Boss hasnt been able to tell me makes me lean towards it being a girl. As I mentioned earlier, Kelvin and I have decided on the name Imogen Scarlett (he's not set on Scarlett, but as Hope's Mama said when she was naming her Rainbow Baby Angus Leo, "who is he to argue with me?" after everything I have gone through?!...I mean, of course he gets a say, but I think my say holds a bit more weight, considering...)
I think Rainbow Baby, if indeed she is a girl, has chosen Imogen as her name. It has never been a name that jumped out at me. I always had my names "picked out" from a young age (Jack and Lucy). Imogen never occurred to me until one day I was picking up toys off the floor and "Imogen Scarlett" just popped into my head. I wasnt even thinking of names. Since then, these "coincidences" have been noticed.
  • Reading a home decorating magazine in a waiting room, there was an article about a family with four daughters. Two of the daughters were Sybella and Imogen.
  • I found out The Boss has four sons and one daughter. One of his sons is named Jack. His only daughter is named Imogen.
  • Picking out a movie to watch one rainy Sunday afternoon, I had an urge to watch Fried Green Tomatoes From The Whistlestop Cafe. I havent watched this since I was 13. The main character's name...is Imogen.
  • A man that I worked with back in 2005, whilst pregnant with Jack, also had a baby due at the same time (well, his wife did!) Their daughter, Sienna, was born a few weeks after Jack early in 2006. Via Facebook, I have learned that he has since had another baby girl, and her name is Imogen.
Now, I am sure there is something called "selective observation"...or so my psychologist tells me. I decide on the name Imogen, and so I notice it everywhere. Except that the instances in which "Imogen" pops up are uncannily related to my personal situations and experiences. They arent just "random." I have a stronger connection with each different example listed.
Sure, it's probably just coincidental. But since Sybella's death, I have been desperate for knowledge of a higher power, an understanding of the Universe's purpose. I like to think that all the signs pointing to Imogen are pointing to that. Like she existed before, and Sybella knows her, and is sending her to us.
I must sound like such a hippie!
I'll end my musings on week 25 with a belly shot of me...

Oh wait. That's Miranda Kerr. Close enough...
Is that laughing I hear?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steph

    i followed the link from Haidees blog and have been reading both of your blogs over the past couple of days. You are a woman with such strength and such a strong spirit. Your little boy Jack is so lucky to have such a strong woman in his life to look up too.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo Steph, you look hawt! So glad to hear that Rainbow Baby is giving you such a well-earned hard time :)

    ReplyDelete